Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Adventure Begins

Hello!

I had written this post already but it rambled on about the free things and random excitement and shock of the first four hours of my flight along with navigating the Minneapolis airport. I hadn't focused on the feelings and the amazing opportunity ahead.

My attempt at photographing the northern lights
Four and a half hours into the flight, half asleep and half terrified for my new journey and of heights, Mackenzie catches my full attention. The beautiful northern lights are lighting up the night sky outside of our tiny airplane window. It is so incredibly beautiful and captured in my mind. Our cameras could not get clear pictures. This incredibly irreplaceable moment has completely relaxed me..along with Gavin Degraw's beautiful voice. This is really happening. I was really on a flight to London. I will be staying in a castle. I will be in Europe for four months. It's real and I am so blessed to have this wonderful opportunity. I have now safely made it to Harlaxton Manor where I was lucky enough to receive a room with a view(sorta) and three other roommates- it's a pretty big room though.


Departing from MSP 
Arriving at LHR


 

 

Love to all,

Erin

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing opportunity you have before you. Enjoy and keep posting! Looking forward to keeping up with you on your Grand Adventure.
    Love, Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Erin! You are off to a great start, I hope you have a terrific time over there, looking forward to many more pictures!!
    Uncle Doug

    ReplyDelete