Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

A Weekend in London

Hello all!

This weekend was quite eventful in so many ways! It started out quite fantastic. On Thursday night we arrived in London to a quite horrible hotel (not that we would be spending much time there anyway) and found a fabulous greek restaurant with amazing staff! 

Friday and Saturday were absolutely spectacular! I went to Sigmund Freud's London home which was incredibly interesting. He lived there during the last year of his life after escaping the Nazis and Anna Freud( his daughter and another psychoanalysist) lived there after him. Anna requested that it be turned into a museum. After that I went to see all the important sights such as Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace. They were all so incredibly beautiful and spectacular. No amount of words could give these places justice. I also went to Camden Market, M&M World, and some little stores. In walking to M&M World we got completely lost. We walked around one block and ended up in China town! On Friday night I got to see the fabulous musical of Wicked! It was quite amazing. I've seen it in the Twin Cities and now in London- both performances were spectacular. I highly recommend seeing Wicked. Camden Market is incredibly chaotic but a fun place to explore if you have time for it. On Saturday night, I went to a fabulous pub (O' Neils). Well, what I thought was fabulous at the time. By the end of the weekend I mostly understood the Underground and had completely fallen in love with it over the double decker buses and taxis. One adventure on the underground involved some random man singing to me to inform me he was giving his seat up for me. Another adventure had an elderly man holding my arm to stop me from falling. I learned if you can get a seat do it but otherwise standing wasn't too difficult by the end of the weekend.

Sunday morning at about 4:30 am the two fabulous girls(Mackenzie and Jordyn) staying in my room had to walk 10 minutes to the nearest hospital with me due to food poisoning and the taxis refusing to take us. To help with the dehydration and pain, I was hooked up to an IV of 8 ounces of water and given 3 different medicines- It's a good thing hospitals are free here. Needless to stay, absolutely do not get the Macaroni and Cheese at O' Neils.  At about 8:30Am I was back in the hotel room sneaking in a hour and a half of sleep before having to catch the coach bus to Hampton Court Palace and then back to Harlaxton. Luckily other than exhaustion(Which I'm still recovering from), I was feeling better.  

 

 
 
 






































                                 Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment