Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Just waiting for Mr. Darcy by the Roman Baths...

Hello Lovelies!!

I spent the weekend searching for Mr. Darcy. In reality, I spent the weekend shopping and exploring Bath, Stonehenge, and Salisbury. Jane Austen lived in Bath for two years and based a couple of her novels on Bath. While I did not actually go to the Jane Austen Center, I definitely was finding the inspiration that she had lived off of. Bath is a gorgeous city full of stores upon stores with a few historic sites placed in between. Bath is a shopping center with the streets lined with stores and street carts. It was wonderful. Of course the Roman baths were an absolutely phenomenal site to see as well! There's also an exhibit surrounding the baths with old artifacts that are highly interesting to see. It's always fantastic to see history instead of just hearing about it. They were absolutely remarkable. The water tastes horrible though. They have a sampling area and although it's free, I would definitely rather pay to have some filtered water. It was so full of the taste of minerals, it tasted like we were drinking rocks...something I would prefer to avoid. The baths were amazing though, the whole city of Bath is quite amazing.

On our way back to the manor on Sunday we stopped at Stonehenge and Salisbury. Stonehenge is so much more incredible to see up close than I had anticipated. I almost didn't go on this trip, but I am so glad that I did. I got some fantastic photographs of Stonehenge and the sheep that were wandering nearby. If you can go to Stonehenge, then I recommend that you do. You only need an hour to take it all in and explore the gift shop, plus the drive there. It is completely worth it though. We also stopped in Salisbury where I got the most fantastic Apple crumble and ice cream. We also quickly stopped by the Cathedral there. Unfortunately we only had an hour in Salisbury so I was unable to see one of the original Magna Carta copies, maybe we will see one somewhere else. It was still a fantastic place.

No plans next weekend so I will be watching Netflix, studying, and searching for summer jobs or internships. A relaxed. no set plans weekend at the manor will be excellent.








Love to all!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment